Engineer / Designer
|Job Title:||Engineer / Designer
Drafting, Design & Inspections
|Type of Position:||Hourly – Part Time OR Full Time Considered
Remote & In Person Work
|Certification:||Florida Engineer Intern (EI) Certification Preference or Eligible within 1 yr.
Graduate of Engineering or Architecture (Most Disciplines Acceptable) from ABET Accredited School
Forward thinking design firm with specialties in residential and commercial design seeks a junior designer for inspection and CAD design projects.
We are a growing design firm that provides design, inspections and construction management services. Your chance to start at the ground level, advancement opportunities will surely be available as we grow.
We currently offer Structural, Architectural, Mechanical, Electric & Plumbing design, inspections & construction management. Your work will be guided in these disciplines providing calculations and design. In addition, you will have the opportunity to be part of construction management roles including construction takeoffs, estimating, scheduling, reviewing of contractor bids, managing client finishes, approving/reviewing contractor draws, site quality control inspections, etc. Experience in these areas are desired but not required.
We are looking for a candidate that:
- Wants to learn new things, is not afraid of a challenge.
- Able to self-manage and meet deadlines.
- Follows directions and maintains procedures.
- CAD background with minimum of 3 years experience.
- Efficiency in reading construction documents and able to do inspections off plans and project specifications.
- Able to write professionally as needed for reports, client communications, design scopes, etc.
- Working knowledge of common office procedures.
- Experienced with Florida Building Code and local city ordinances (Municode).
- Automobile and insurance. Willing to use personal vehicle for project travel. Travel to be reimbursed.
- Laptop/tablet computer with Microsoft Office suite for onsite and remote work.
- Experience in any of the scope of work described. Previous experience in drafting and design work.
- 3D modeling capability in SketchUp, Autodesk, or similar.
- Advance experience in Microsoft Excel
- Experience using design software for Structural, Mechanical needs. (Software such as STAAD, E-Tabs, HAAP, or other related software).
- Speak Conversational Spanish is a plus
Those interested please send cover letter and resume to Joe@NOHMIS.com