Project Manager / Designer
|Job Title:||Project Manager / Designer
On Site Inspections, Manage Project Documents/Specifications, Client Communications, Drafting & Administrative Work
|Type of Position:||Full Time – Payroll W2 Employee – In Person Work
$40,000 – $50,000 per year
|Certification:||Graduate of Construction, Engineering or Architecture or Technical Education (Most Disciplines Acceptable)|
Forward thinking design firm with specialties in residential and commercial design is seeking a full-time project manager and designer to keep projects organized and on schedule.
Main job duties are as follows:
- 30% On-site inspections of ongoing management projects, site surveys of new projects, and general inspections. Goal is to make sure work meets standards, plan and contractor is on schedule.
- 20% Drafting work with AutoCAD for plans and managing other designers.
- 20% Manage clients and vendors (design, inspections and construction management).
- 15% Preparation of reports, management of project schedules, maintaining client digital documentation, etc.
- 15% General administrative tasks such as email communications with clients, errands, filing, answering phone calls, estimating and bidding projects and other tasks candidate is able to take on.
We are a growing design firm that provides design, inspections and construction management services. Opportunities for advancement will be available as we grow.
We currently offer Structural, Architectural, Mechanical, Electric & Plumbing design, inspections & construction management. Your work will be guided in these disciplines providing calculations and design. In addition, you will have the opportunity to be part of construction management roles including construction takeoffs, estimating, scheduling, reviewing of contractor bids, managing client finishes, approving/reviewing contractor draws, site quality control inspections, etc. Experience in these areas are desired but not required.
We are looking for a candidate that:
- Is organized, detail oriented and takes initiative.
- CAD background with minimum of 1-2 years experience.
- Able to self-manage and meet deadlines.
- Maintains and updates standard procedures.
- Wants to learn new things, is not afraid of a challenge.
- Efficiency in reading construction documents and able to do inspections off plans and project specifications.
- Able to write professionally as needed for reports, client communications, design scopes, etc.
- Working knowledge of common office procedures.
- Experienced with Florida Building Code and local city ordinances (Municode).
- Has an automobile and insurance. Willing to use personal vehicle for project travel. Travel to be reimbursed.
- Construction management background
- Speak Conversational Spanish
- Experience in any of the scope of work described. Previous experience in construction, management, drafting and design work.
- 3D modeling capability in SketchUp, Autodesk, or similar.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel
Those interested please send cover letter and resume to Joe@NOHMIS.com